Lim Peh Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIM PEH FORUM - a forum for Singapore's family men

You are not connected. Please login or register

advice wanted: for those who both husband and wife have to work

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TuffDaddy

TuffDaddy
Admin

ok so, recently we've had to fire our maid for some unforgiveable reason.

long story short, both my wife and i are working and so are her parents. my own mom is not well and my dad has passed away.

we both live alone with only our one year son and two cats.

my wife has just temporarily converted from full time to part time at work to fit our new situation while also looking for a new opportunity.

from the start, our arrangement has been that my parents in law would fetch our son to their shophouse (family biz) while we are at work where other family members there will take turns to care for him. then my wife would fetch him back when she knocks off from work.

by july, hopefully my wife would have found her new job. we're thinking of sending him to a childcare then when he turns 18 mths old.

we live in toa payoh. probably thinking of sending him to My First Skool near the old ntuc fairprice opposite of toa payoh stadium. think it'd set us back by $300+ a month. at least it's cheaper than having a maid.

question is, for those in somewhat the same situation as us, what arrangement do you take in handling your kid/kids?

http://limpehforum.friendhood.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum