Lim Peh Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIM PEH FORUM - a forum for Singapore's family men

You are not connected. Please login or register

hello and welcome to Lim Peh Forum

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hello and welcome to Lim Peh Forum Empty hello and welcome to Lim Peh Forum Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:47 am

TuffDaddy

TuffDaddy
Admin

it is now sat, 27 feb 2010 at 0535hrs in singapore. my nick is tuffdaddy aka td and i just came up with this forum yesterday afternoon.

"lim peh" is a singaporean term in hokkien which means "your father", usually used in an uh, not so friendly scenario.

the name Lim Peh Forum is just a tongue in cheek way to look at things. it's a singaporean forum for daddies. i just wanted a name most of us can associate with it.

why would anybody come up with a forum for daddies anyway?

most of the other relevant parenthood forums are mommy-centric, with daddies being a minority and having only a little proverbial corner to themselves.

and then they talk about girly things on there like hello kittys, scrapbooking and handbags. also, with mommies watching, sometimes we can't really talk freely.

besides, we wanna talk about torres and ronaldo, about lancers and imprezas, ninja turtles and transformers... you get the drift.

on a more serious note, sometimes it gets hard, most of us being working dads and all, but when you think of it, it's all worth it. the result shows in our wives' and kids' faces. sometimes, that's all we ask for as husbands and daddies.

i may not be the world's best daddy but i really believe i'm not the only one around who tries to be hands on and be involved in raising his family.

this forum is for us in support of one another.

as you can see, at this point, the forum is still under construction. i'm still figuring things out; but don't let that stop you from signing up first and start talking. go ahead. don't mind me.

i'll see you around real soon. till then, cheers.

http://limpehforum.friendhood.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum